Saturday, February 27, 2010

Running Friends

All week I worked out by myself. Wes was sick and Mindy was single mothering it since her sweetheart was out of town. I actually enjoyed the flexibility of setting my own workout schedule to suit my time frames and pleasure.

But, it gets kind of lonely. No one to talk to. No one to complain to. No one to tell you to suck it up and do it.

This morning I joined Mindy and Marnie for our usual Saturday morning "long run". It started out last night with Mindy sending me this email:

If the weather is like this in the am for our run, I am out! Sorry ladies. If it is just a little rain, I will see you at 8am at the usual spot.
Peace!
Mindy

Okay lightweight.
Steph

Whatever. Tomorrow you might to be the one pushing me. :)
Mindy

is this Travis?
Steph

No, it is your unmotivated running friend, :) I will be good to go in the morning.
Mindy

This is typical banter between the two of us. One of us is usually worn out and unmotivated (me) and the other has to light a fire under the others rear.

So running this morning with Mindy and Marnie (our stalwart) was so nice. I asked for a flat run. Marnie asked if it was possible to find a flat run in Sherwood? I conceeded she was right and just asked we skip the largest hills around. We ran slow. We talked about life. We drug eachother up the hills with words of encouragement. The sun shone. The wind blew. And before we knew it six miles had past and it was time to head home, back to life as usual.

Thursday
Running:
3.0 miles
30 minutes

Strength training:
20 minutes
arms and back

Friday
Cycling:
6 miles
30 minutes

Strength training:
20 minutes
legs

Saturday
Running:
6.0 miles
1:01:09

No comments:

Post a Comment